Information / Registration
Women of all ages, including girls 7 years and older, may walk or run the 3.1-mile certified course. Walking teams and families are especially encouraged to register, but they will need to do so individually.
*Special Note: T-shirts are unisex and not women's cut. Please note sizes on online application.
If you prefer to register by mail, you can download and print the race application here.
Proceeds from the Women's Only 5K Walk & Run fund the Mammography Scholarship Fund at Women's Hospital, which provides screening mammograms for women who are unable to afford them. Last year alone, the Women’s Only 5K Walk & Run in Greensboro, NC raised more than $124,000 for the Mammography Scholarship Fund, which provides free, life-saving mammograms and follow-up care for women who are uninsured or lack the financial means to pay for the screening.
Race Day - Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013
The Women's Hospital Education Center
801 Green Valley Road, Greensboro, NC
On-site registration - 7:30-8:30 a.m.
Girls' Only Mini-Walk & Run Warm-ups with Jazzercise - 8 a.m.
Girls' Only Mini-Walk & Run - 8:15 a.m.
Women's Only Warm-ups with Jazzercise - 8:30 a.m.
Breast Cancer Survivors Group Photo - 9 a.m. (Main Stage)
Women's Only 5K Walk & Run - 9:30 a.m.
Awards Ceremony - 10:30 a.m.
- Non-females are not permitted on the 5K course and will be asked to leave if they attempt to falsify an entry. No refunds will be given.
- The course is USATF certified.
- Split Times will be announced at Miles 1 and 2 on the course.
- Water is available on the course.
- Participants must wear their race numbers on the front of their shirts.
- All participants must cross the start line. To receive an official race time, participants must cross the finish line.
- Runners will line up on the left side of Green Valley Road and will line up according to their estimated pace time.
- Walkers will line up on the right side of Green Valley Road or behind runners.
- Runners/Walkers with Strollers will line up behind the runners on the appropriate side of the road.If participants are running for time, there is a designated stroller lane to the far left of the Runner's Start area.
- For safety reasons, girls younger than 7 years old are not permitted on the 5K course without being secured in a stroller.
- All Women's Only 5K registrations include chip timing. The chip is on your BIB and you must wear a chip to qualify for awards.
- No pets are allowed on the course.